Hey man, Glad to see you started one of these things. Sorry to hear you're being uprooted to Liberia, but hey... that's one more place you can say you've been to. :) I have really enjoyed reading about Uganda, and the whole "mozungu" thing. :) I dealt with that in Zambia too. The best part was when I was trying to learn some native words, and they kept giggling at me.. which I could only assume I was learning very very bad words... which, hey! Bad words in tribal languages... FUN! :) Keep your head up... and your feet grounded... relish this time in Africa... I often wish I could return, if only to stand with my feet in the dirt, and with my nose in the air, breathing in the wonderful earthy smell of Africa :)
1 Comments:
Hey man, Glad to see you started one of these things. Sorry to hear you're being uprooted to Liberia, but hey... that's one more place you can say you've been to. :) I have really enjoyed reading about Uganda, and the whole "mozungu" thing. :) I dealt with that in Zambia too. The best part was when I was trying to learn some native words, and they kept giggling at me.. which I could only assume I was learning very very bad words... which, hey! Bad words in tribal languages... FUN! :) Keep your head up... and your feet grounded... relish this time in Africa... I often wish I could return, if only to stand with my feet in the dirt, and with my nose in the air, breathing in the wonderful earthy smell of Africa :)
By
Corinne, at 11:17 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home